11th Annual - Sierra to Sage Shop Hop
2018 Theme: America the Beautiful Mystery
As usual some parts of the hop are going to be the same, others are going to be different. Each shop will be designing a quilted banner (similar to a tablerunner) that uses a stanza of the patriotic song, “America The Beautiful,” as its inspiration. These custom patterns will be given to each hopper as a heart-felt thank you for participating in the hop. The mystery is going to be where you will find which pattern. As an example, The UnCommon Thread is designing her banner using “purple mountain majesties” for inspiration and will sell kits (which includes the pattern) for that banner; but, the pattern will be given out as a free thank you at a different shop, maybe Blue Petunia Quilts in Portola. Bundles of fabric used in the banner designs will be sold for $10.99 and will consist of two half-yard cuts of two different ombre fabrics (ombres vary either in color or intensity – light to dark – across the width of fabric). We will be using charm holding pins for the 10% discount again.
Sierra to Sage 2018 Schedule
Thursday September 6, 2018 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
Friday September 7, 2018 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
Saturday September 8, 2018 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
How the shop hop works:
1. Pick up your passport at the first shop you visit or download it from the new website, www.sierra2sage.com.
Sorry, passports cannot be stamped before Sept. 6, 2018.
2. Be sure to get your passport stamped by every
shop you visit. All shop hoppers must present their own passport to be stamped and will not be permitted to stamp more than one passport. Passports are not transferrable.
3. Shops are only permitted to stamp passports in their designated space. If shop hoppers forget to get their passport stamped at any shop, they will have to return to that shop to get it stamped.
4. Turn in your passport at the end of the shop hop. You can turn it in at the last shop you visit or you can mail to: The UnCommon Thread, 1525 W.Williams Ave. Suite L, Fallon, NV 89406.
The mailed passports must be postmarked no later than Sept. 12, 2018 and must be received by Sept. 22, 2018.
Grand Prize! $100 Gift Certificates from Each Participating Quilt Shop totaling $900 in gift certificates.
• 1st Prize $50 Gift Certificate from Each Participating Quilt Shop for a total of $450 in gift certificates!
• 2nd Prize $25 Gift Certificate from Each Participating Quilt Shop for a total of $225 in gift certificates!
• Plus other prizes too numerous to mention.
To be eligible for the grand, first and second prizes, hoppers must visit and collect stamps from all 9 shops and must be 18 years of age or older. Full and partially complete passports are eligible for all other prizes.
Tips for shop hopping
1. If you are printing your own labels, include your name, mailing address, phone number and email address.
2. Wear comfortable shoes.
3: Bring a camera.
4: Print out the “Participating Shops” page on the website (www.sierra2sage.com) or keep this flier handy so that you will have phone numbers in case you get lost.
5. Don’t be afraid to call a shop if you are running a little late (10 to 15 minutes) and it’s almost closing time. You’ll find that the shops will be happy to wait for you; just be considerate of their time and effort.
6: If you plan on staying at a motel while hopping, reservations are recommended.
7. Be prepared to have lots of fun!!
Get Your Discount Pin While Supplies Last
Charm holding discount pins will be available for purchase for $12. These pins will entitle the wearer to a 10% discount on regularly priced items during the hop at each of the shop hop shops with sewing machines and sewing
furniture being exempted.
Please be sure the clerk can see your pin before she or he starts ringing up your sale so you will be properly discounted. The pins will be available at each of the participating shops June, 2018. Each shop will be giving a specially selected charm with purchase.